How You Can Help
How You Can Help
Pets of the Homeless, a nonprofit organization, is taking action to help pets of the homeless in communities across the United States and Canada. We are immeasurably grateful for collection and distribution site members and our supporters who make this work a reality. There is no cost to enroll in our programs, although donations are greatly appreciated to help defer processing costs and assist with all our programs that provide care for pets of the homeless.
There are many ways that you can make a difference for pets of the homeless and help us continue our mission.
You as an Individual
Donate in honor of your pet or loved one.
Host a bake sale or fundraiser at your school, church or business and donate the proceeds to Pets of the Homeless.
Pets of the Homeless provides emergency veterinary care for homeless pets, purchase and ship pet food to local food banks, pantries or soup kitchens, purchase and ship sleeping crates to homeless and emergency shelters so pets can come in out of the cold and heat. We also have ongoing operational expenses associated with the ongoing business needs of the organization.
All donations are tax deductible.
- Spread the Word:
Contact local Food Banks, Homeless Shelters and Soup Kitchens to volunteer your time separating and distributing pet food donations.
Visit your local homeless communities and let them know of the resources available to them from Pets of the Homeless. (Emergency veterinary care for their animals, distribution sites where they can get donated pet food for their animal).
Commit to finding 2 new collection sites in your town.
Commit to finding 2 new distribution sites in your town.
Be a Collection Site
- Set up a donation bin in your office, store or business.
- Collect pet food and supplies donations.
- Connect with a local distribution center near your business to take your donations periodically.
Food Banks, Homeless Shelters and Soup Kitchens
- Designate your office, store or business as a distribution center where the pet food and supplies donations can be given out to the homeless.
- Work with collection sites in your area to pick up their donations.
Pets of the Homeless Grant Program
- Pets of the Homeless provides grants to help defer the costs for wellness clinics that provide immunizations, de-worming, flea/tick care, spay/neutering and other care.
- We are looking for volunteer veterinarians and assistants to go to places where the homeless congregate and administer veterinary care to pets of the homeless.
Pets of the Homeless Sleeping Crate Project
- Pets of the Homeless will ship collapsible sleeping crates, food bowls and cleaning supplies to emergency and homeless shelters that are offering assistance for pets.