Other Ways to Help
This young boy asked that pet food be his birthday gifts.
As an Individual
Host a pet food drive at your school, church or business and donate the proceeds to one of Pets of the Homeless Pet Food Providers. Contact us and we’ll help you make your event successful.
Like the young boy in the photo instead of giving gifts make a donation in the name of the person celebrating. We’ll mail them an acknowledgement.
- Commit to finding 2 new pet food donation sites in your town. (Businesses)
- Commit to finding 2 new pet food provider sites in your town. (Food banks, soup kitchens, church pantries, homeless shelters)
- Link to sign up
- Contact local Food Banks, Homeless Shelters and Soup Kitchens to volunteer your time separating and distributing pet food donations.
- Visit your local homeless communities and let them know of the resources available to them from Pets of the Homeless. (Emergency veterinary care for their animals, pet food provider sites where they can get donated pet food for their pet).
- We can always use office assistance, if you live near our headquarter offices, in Carson City, Nevada.
- Want to do more? Start a crowdfunding campaign today. Check this site to start one: Crowdrise/FeedingPetsoftheHomeless
- A Gift in your Estate Planning or Will
- The link above will take you to a new page that has in-depth information
Charitable Gift Annuity
If you are interested in a Charitable Gift Annuity that will benefit Feeding Pets of the Homeless Endowment Fund, please contact us.
As a Business or Agency
- Set up a donation bin in your office, store or business.
- Collect pet food and supplies donations.
- Connect with a local food bank, soup kitchen, church pantry or homeless shelter center near your business to take your collected items periodically.
Be a Pet Food Provider: (Food Banks, Homeless Shelters and Soup Kitchens)
- Work with donation sites in your area to pick up their donations.
Emergency Veterinary Care
- Hospitals and clinics are welcome to join our network so that we know whom to call when we have a case in your community. Call headquarters with questions.
Pets of the Homeless Wellness Clinics Program:
- Pets of the Homeless provides sponsorship’s to help defer the costs for wellness clinics that provide immunizations, de-worming, flea/tick care, spay/neutering and other care.
- We are looking for volunteer veterinarians and tech assistants to go to places where the homeless congregate and administer veterinary care to pets of the homeless.
- Guidelines and application are available by calling our headquarters.
Pets of the Homeless Sleeping Crate Project:
- Pets of the Homeless will ship collapsible reusable sleeping crates, to emergency and homeless shelters that are offering assistance for people that have pets.
- Call for more information.